My wife Tamika and I were both faced with getting into and paying for graduate school. This consisted of taking the GRE (Graduate Record Examination), applying to schools, and applying for scholarships.
We prayed for many things this year. God has provided them all richly and generously. Here are some of the things that have happened.
• We both prayed for steady summer jobs after graduating college. I was promoted shortly after that to manager at Ingles where I had previously been a cashier and Tamika was able to work as much as she wanted at a psychologist’s office doing neurofeedback (something which she enjoys immensely and has previous experience in).
• We both scored high enough on our GREs (Graduate Record Examinations) to get into master’s programs.
• We both were accepted into every program we applied to.
• We both got to choose our ideal field of study.
• Because of these we will be attending the same graduate school (GSU) which will aid in our commuting costs and convenience.
• We both have received full tuition waivers and stipends on top of them.
• We are both currently being paid to further our education which can only be the rich provision of God.
This process of applying to schools and trusting God held a series of breakthroughs for us. We reminded each other many times to trust God to provide for us. Oftentimes advances in our journey would happen in an alternating fashion. For example, Tamika heard verbally that her school would be fully funded, but I received my tuition waiver first. This was likely God’s way of growing us both in our faith and growing us together as a couple.
These verses reflected some of our journey this year.
I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses.
The lions may grow weak and hungry,
but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.