Hope at Home 2013: Third Annual
Adoptive/Foster Parenting Conference
Sept. 27-28, 2013 at Northlands Church in Norcross, GA
“Real Families. Real Help. Real Hope.”
“Understand Parenting that Enables Your Adopted Child to Succeed and Empowers You to Live as a Beloved Son or Daughter of Your Father in Heaven.”
“Become a More Effective Instrument of Healing for Your Adopted Child.”
“Renew Hope for Meeting the Varied Needs within the Adoptive Family.”
“If You Are Looking To Adopt, Find Out What it Takes to Make it Work.”
“Hope at Home 2013″ adoptive/foster parenting conference will be a time of refreshing as we encounter the Father’s heart towards adoptive families. It is going beyond a traditional conference to equip and restore parents as they face the exciting and often challenging role of partnering with God to transform orphans into Sons and Daughters.
Why You Should Attend:
- Receive renewed strength for your parenting ministry
- Be equipped with new practical skills and insights
- Learn how to access God’s resources for physical, emotional, and spiritual needs
- Enjoy the powerful prayer ministry offered throughout the event
- Be encouraged by sharing experiences with other adoptive parents
- Make authentic connections with others who share your commitment to children
- Hear from parents who have adopted and who “get it.”
A Sample of Topics Covered:
- Parenting and Loving Your Adopted Child
- Nurturing Your Marriage
- Co-Laboring with God as you Parent
- Fathering with Confidence
- Your God-given Authority as a Parent
- Enjoying Your Role as a Son or Daughter while you Parent your Child
- Hope and Healing for Children from hard places
- Experiencing God for yourself and for your child
- Brian and Susan Hillis, Ph.D- Susan has been a believer for 38 years, married to a godly servant for 35, a mother for 26, a US government federal official for 20, and a university professor for 10 years. She and Brian have 11 children, 8 of whom were adopted from Russia. Brian is a CPA and has spent many years as an at-home dad. Susan participates widely as an invited speaker at scientific and Christian conferences. She has published more than 80 articles in scientific medical journals and is considered one of the leading infectious diseases experts on the HIV risk among vulnerable youth around the world.
- Stephen Templeton, M.D. and Beth Templeton -Stephen and Beth serve as elders at Northlands Church, where Beth also leads a ministry to mothers and Stephen is a worship leader. Eleven years ago, after having had three biological children, the Lord called Stephen and Beth to adopt four children from Russia, so now there are 9 Templetons. Both Stephen and Beth have a passion for communicating the joy, peace, and victory available to us as adoptive parents. Stephen is also a physician and practices dermatopathology in Atlanta.
- Greg Haswell and Michelle Haswell -Greg has been in ministry alongside his wife Michelle for over 25 years and have one lovely daughter and son-in-law. Thirteen years ago God called them from South Africa to start a church in Atlanta, Northlands Church. He is a Bible teacher and church planter who builds into churches and church leaderships around the world. Michelle has spent a number of years in education as an elementary school teacher and as head of faculty. She enjoys ministry to women, prophetic ministry, and seeing lives restored to wholeness.
- Scott and Jenni Means -Scott and Jenni have been married for 30 years and have three wonderful daughters. Their ministry to adoptive families has touched many lives for eternity. Scott authors a popular marriage blog, Journey to Surrender and is a worship leader at Northlands. Jenni has been leading in children’s ministry for over 25 years and is currently on staff at Northlands Church. With a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood and Elementary Education and many years of teaching in both public and private Christian schools, Jenni has come alongside many adopted children and their families through her ministry.
Date: Sep. 27-28, 2013
Location: Northlands Church, 6630 Bay Circle, Norcross, Georgia (USA) 30071-1210
CLICK HERE for Complete Conference Details: Agenda, Map, Policies, and More
Register Now To Reserve Your Seat:
CLICK HERE to go to the Hope at Home 2013 Registration Page
Phone: (770) 797-9498